Thursday July 12, 2012
Here it is, finally: the inaugural episode of the Critical Miami Podcast with me and Steve. We talk about How Rick Scott closed Florida’s last tuberculosis clinic just as the worst TB outbreak in 20 years was hitting the state, whether there should be a casino on the Miami Herald site, pit bull laws, and Don Rickles. If you’re, like, sexy-nerdy and you know what to do with a podcast feed, here it is. iTunes feed
coming soon (like, tomorrow), all ready to rock but meantime you can listen here, or download the mp3.
- Tuberculosis transmission
- Florida’s worst TB outbreak in 20 years kept secret (Palm Beach Post)
- Rick Scott Shuts Down TB Hospital Amid ‘Worst Outbreak in 20 Years’ (Mother Jones
- Don Rickles
- Genting Group downsizes plans for Miami resort site (Miami Herald)
- 7 key moments in Casino debate (Miami Herald)
- Miamians Duped by Casino’s Siren Call
- What’s up with Pit Bulls?
- Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States (Vet Med Today)
- Germans love David Hasslehoff
Wednesday August 29, 2007
Steve goes to Key West. Not a bad place to visit every few years, but I’m thinking more like Christmas time.
Thursday March 8, 2007
“Meanwhile, Buffalo Barf hoists himself up and staggers to the men’s room to dump his fetid stew, only to return to his corner and repeat his rosaries. The horrid stench works its way through the refrigerated waiting room.” Steve Klotz visits the Memorial Hospital in Hollywood.
Wednesday January 3, 2007
“I’ve lived in much better places than south Florida, and worked in many more, but I moved here 21 years ago and I’ve never been happier. While this will never be home, this is where I’m staying. I like it, in part because of all its faults. In fact, I love it.” Steve Klotz gets all sloppy all over Miami. (I meant to link this last year but for some reason it stayed in ‘draft’ mode.)
Thursday April 13, 2006