Thursday December 13, 2007
What’s wrong with this picture? Northbound Biscayne Blvd. at 110th street. Thanks to Skip Van Cel, who says: “I do not believe there is a school nearby. It is either an official looking prank or maybe an art piece.”
Thursday August 16, 2007
Ahh . . . I saw this on another blog (forget which) and wanted to do a post about it, but turns out it’s a hoax. Bummer. But let’s post it anyway:
These are new fines that were implemented on 8/1/07 for the State of Florida:
- As of 08/01/07 cell phone use must be “hands free” while driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy – easy money for police department.
- Cell phone use in the construction zone. – Double fine as of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be “hands free” while driving.
- Carpool lane – 1st time $1,068.50 starting 8/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don’t do it again because 2nd time is going to be double, 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
- Incorrect lane change – $380. Don’t cross the lane on solid lines or intersections. Block intersection – $485.
- Driving on the shoulder – $450.
- Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts – both passengers and drivers get tickets.
- Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
- DUI (Driving under Influence=JAIL and stays on your driving record for 10 years!)
And hey people, when you get an e-mail on something, please Google it before blogging it. Remember — 92% of all forwarded e-mails are bogus.
Friday August 10, 2007