Monday February 11, 2008
Ultra-fancy coffee/tea/snacks at Sweat Records. “Numi Organic Flowering Tea Service which is a hand-sewn rosette of tea leaves, served in a clear pot with clear teacups, that blossoms as it seeps.” (Free WiFi, too!)
Thursday September 13, 2007
Irène says: “We’re coming in to visit and are wondering if Miami or Miami Beach has a fantastic independent espresso cafe specializing in in-house or local roasts and crafted Italian espresso drinks. Love the Cafe Cubano, but living in FL, I miss the Italianos coffee.” Anyone?
Tuesday April 11, 2006
- Miami Beach scrapes together the cash to refurbish its historical city hall.
- The Brickell thing fell through.
- Most of the instructions online for making Cuban coffee are either too complicated to follow, or just plain wrong. So it’s good to see that Gus nailed it. He says, “[y]our espresso maker can be a fancy machine, or just a pot on the the stove,” which is exactly true.
- Arriola’s quitting! No he’s not! Yes he is! No he’s not! Oh, whatever . . .
- C’mon, all you dirty hippies: come together.
- Oops! HA!
- Frances does 2nd Saturday.
- Dan Richter was on Topical Currents yesterday. He’s got a column in the Herald, but more importantly, a website called the Watchdog Report, which looks very interesting.
Friday June 24, 2005
Alanis Morissette is playing tonight at the Jackie Gleason theater. Please don’t go. Morissette used to be cool, but recently she’s totally sold out, releasing an acoustic version of Jagged Little Pill. As if to make it clear that she wanted the last shreds of her credibility converted to cold hard cash, the album is available exclusively through Starbucks for the first six weeks of its release.
Now that you’re thoroughly disgusted, we give you the Stay Free Alanis Morissette Delocator. The idea behind the original Starbucks Delocator was to help people find non-Starbucks coffee shops. Same idea here.