Thursday March 16, 2006
This is literally a day late and a dollar short. There are perfectly good reasons, but they shall remain nameless. It’s my blog, and I’ll do as I damn well please.
- Alfredo Triff is now writing for the SunPost. After Omar and Rebecca, this makes him the third NewTimes alum to make the jump. The Post has got it going on (still no permlinks, tho).
- Speaking of the Post, Murmurs explains why the windows on the hospital at Alton Rd and 5th Street still hasn’t been fixed, and also delivers some bad news about the coral house on Collins.
- It’s a big deal, ‘cause some stadium in Broward realized people were getting around their 15$ (!) parking fee by eating across the street and walking over, and now they’re cracking down. This is me buying a ticket just so I can get in on the class-action lawsuit action. Really, a $15 parking fee is fucked-up enough, but since when do you just get to raise the ticket price by $5 for walk-ups?
- Robert has some great comments about the rudeness thing. Actually, his accounting of what’s going on is probably more accurate and spot-on then my post (which he picks apart a little). In particular, I agree with his analysis of the “learn to speak english” attitude that is common about white Miamians.
- Holy shit: the Miami Herald has been sold to McClatchy Company. That means it’s no longer owned by Knight-Ridder. This is a little too much for me to even process. Stuff like this is exactly where Infomaniac shines, though.
- The New Miamian.