Sunday May 7, 2006
The author: Alesh Houdek was born in Prague, Czech Republic, and has lived in Miami since 1980. In addition to being one handsome devil, he is or has been an artist, musician, theorist, graphic designer, vegetarian, photographer, raver, record store clerk, and drunk. He has a self-inflicted tatoo, a 69” couch, a domain other then this one, and a cat named Sophie.
- was awarded best website in New Times ‘Best of Miami 2007’.
- covers as much as possible about Miami and its surrounding suburbs (even, occasionally, Broward).
- cares about politics, art, people, the future, the past, the present, the government, and food
- is currently averaging about 300,000 “page requests” per month
- has been linked to more then 1000 times as of July 2007
- had a little entanglement with the Miami Performing Arts Center
- accepts suggestions, tips, and comments by e-mail
- has shifted abruptly from first to third person and back
- is under somewhat perpetual renovation; please pardon the dust
- occasionally accepts contributions from outside writers
- is grateful to Steve Klotz for his contributions for the first year; his blog is here
- does its best to live up to XHTML and CSS standards – Internet Explorer is allowed, but not encouraged
- runs, and hearts, Textpattern.
- is hosted on Dreamhost (help support this site by signing up through that link)