Friday October 19, 2012
- Conversation between Gustavo Matamoros and Vito Acconci, somehow featuring work by sound artists Rene Barge, David Dunn, Russell Frehling. Subtropics. Buena Vista Building, 7 pm.
- Hialeah Fest 2012. Love it.
- Talib Kweli and RES. Win.
- Justin Long: closing reception.
- South Florida Zombie Crawl. It seems in conflict with going to see GWAR, except that I think the zombie crawl is for tweens and parents? But isn’t Gwar, too. Not really sure on this one.
- There are like four tickets left for the Yo-Yo Ma concert, but the ones behind the stage seem primo.
- The Plaza Theatre has Driving Miss Daisy. But the real reason I’m mentioning it is because I’m pretty sure they figured out how to have a multi-page theater website without ever giving you their ADDRESS or figuring out how “theater” is spelled.
- Ani DiFranco at Culture Room is sold out, but you people will drive up there and pay whatever scalpers ask you to pay, bless your hearts.
- Fucking Gilberto Gil, yo. Except that it’s an “exclusive concert, dinner, and drinks,” and it’s $125.
- This would be an excellent day to check out the real Oktoberfest Miami, which goes all this weekend and all next weekend.