Friday September 21, 2012
- Sun Ra vs. art lecture at MAM: Art historian Huey Copeland charts Sun Ra’s evolving import as icon, model and prophet for a range of visual artists, inlcuding Rashid Johnson, who’s got a show up at MAM. 2 pm.
- Beer Snob Pub Crawl. This is maybe my favorite thing every year.
- Opening of the Consortium show, FAU. Including Clifton Childree, Jiae Hwang, Nicolas Lobo, John Sanchez, and Tom Scicluna. (I have no idea why the Consortium is at FAU like every other year. It’s damn near impossible to get to, and they split the show between two spaces on opposite sides of the campus. But there you go.
- Pablo Cano marionettes at MoCA again? Yep, again. The Toy Box, based on Claude Debussy’s 1913 children’s ballet La Boite a Joujoux. Opens tonight.
- One of the more insuferable 90’s “electronica” wankers, Amon Tobin, at the Jackie Gleason. This is like going to see ZZ Top.
- The Mid-Autumn Festival Reception Honoring Confucius. I have no idea what this is, but it’s at FIU, so I assume fairly serious?
- Last chance to catch Home Sweet Funeral Home, a collection of 10-minute plays at Alliance Theatre Lab.
Tags: todocomments powered by Disqus