Friday August 31, 2012
Your weekend weather: absurdly hot and not rainy. I shall be in an undisclosed location in the Keys and as per August there’s precious little going on anyway, but have at it:
- Monthly Critical Mass bike ride, meets 6:30 at Government Center.
- Hollywood Full Moon Drum Circle. Bring a drum.
- I kid you not, Vulture Awareness Day is celebrated at Miami Zoo (When was the last time you went to the zoo?! And don’t kid yourself — a sweltering, still day is the perfect time to be outdoors in minimal shade in West Miami.) with “a variety of fun vulture-themed activities and educational displays to engage the entire family.”
- A Knight Random Act of Culture SOMEWHERE on Lincoln Road SOMETIME today. Good luck.
- I don’t know what it means that Art Center South Florida is having a Studio Crawl, ‘cause, aren’t their studios always open? I guess everybody gets together and all the artists are there.
- Just like the old days: if it’s Saturday night, the Jacuzzi Boys are playing Churchill’s.
- The Grove Bed Race!
- Sweat’s Sayonara Summer Shindig sale/party got canceled last weekend on account of zOMG ISAAAAAAC so now it’s today and you should still go.
- I think it’s the last day to see the Donkey Show at the Arsht Center? But their page is CRASHING MY BROWSER so you’ll have to check for yourself.
- You would think that there’d be a Monday section to this weekend, but as it turns out there is not. You will be drinking beer and eating grilled food most of the day, but you should try to do some reading at least in the morning. How about this: Stop by a bookstore (if you can find one!) on the way home from work today and buy yourself a smart magazine to read Monday morning before the revelry starts. Maybe The New York Review of Books. Or The Atlantic. Or n+1 if you happen to be near Lester’s. They’re all surprisingly readable.
Tags: todocomments powered by Disqus