Friday August 24, 2012
- A talk on journalism in the early years of the AIDS crisis at the Wolfsonian.
- GreenWorking, a not very impressive sounding “Green”-themed mixer. Free drinks until 8:30.
- You know that I’m scraping against the bottom of the barrel when I’ve got something called the Bobettes Burlesque Fashion Show on this list. Need I remind you that it’s August?
- Hey WLRN, I have to give you my email address before I can see the venues participating in Key West Museum & Attraction Weekend?! That’s pretty fucked up. (And yes, I know I can Google and find the list.)
- Flotopia Miami: bring a raft to South Point(e?!) park in the morning and get in the water with a bunch of people. There’s only a Facebook page but it actually gives no more info than that, which is cool in the sense that it’s a grassroots sort of thing. A good bet is the google image page.
- The Gary Thomas Jazz Ensemble plays at the Deering Estate. $20, but it sounds from the description that it’s BYOB??
- This would be an awesome day to go to Home Depot if you needed plywood.
- Sayonara Summer Shindig at Sweat: exactly what you want from an awesome record store: a day-long sale with a day-long party.
- Micro-Brew Beer Cook Off at Lou’s Beer Garden on the Beach.
- Hippiefest: Old people playing music for a LOT of money somewhere off to the north.
- This would be an even awesomer day to go to Home Depot for plywood.
Tags: todocomments powered by Disqus