Friday August 3, 2012
- I hear that the Bass Museum’s Beats After Sunset is a cool thing actually. $8 admission, free drinks.
- 36th Annual Goombay Festival. This is a Caribbean-themed thing in Coconut Grove that actually sounds pretty cool.
- The African Disapora Dance and Drum Festival, which is free and of which there is a schedule. I would recommend you to find something that looks interesting and go. I shall to check out some of the drum workshops.
- I have no idea what the ID Festival is, but they’ve got a QR code in the name, so, you know, RAGE ON. (We need to get Richard Haig over here to explain this to us, but dude is on vacation).
- They still have people that are just like sneaker obsessives? I thought it was just guys who grew up in the 80s who collect vintage 80s sneakers, but apparently not, because here’s SneakerCon, and it appears to be a UN thing.
- Peter Pan. (Not joking.)
- Radio-Active Records has Holly Hunt, the Jellyfish Brothers, and DJ Fucked Up, Saturday at 8 pm. Here is a fucking Facebook link, because apparently nobody can be bothered to put something on the web about it. 8pm sharp, they promise (“not Miami start time!”). One day, ask me to tell you about DJ Fucked Up.
- Of course Bardot’s website plays music at you when you load it up. However, Jeremy Sole sounds like an interesting guy, and he is DJing tonight, which might be bearable.
- Every Sunday in August, Fairchild is free. You will suffer (it will be hot and crowded), but given that their admission is $25, it probably is worth it. Don’t skip the trolley tour.
- I was going to try to tell you to go to Churchill’s this weekend, but boy it doesn’t look worth it. Maybe Sunday, which is mostly TBA and something good could fall in.
Tags: todocomments powered by Disqus