Friday July 20, 2012
Are we doing weekend to-do roundups again? I don’t know. Maybe. It’s a pain in the ass, and so many people are doing it … but they’re doing a shit job (unless you know of a good one, in which case let me know ‘cause I have better things to do with my Friday morning), so let’s at least try.
- George Fucking Clinton (George Clinton if you’re nasty.) Nuff said. If you have seen this man less than 5 times in your life you are mandatory at this (which means I’m exempted).
- Cleveland Orchestra has announced it’s 2012/13 Miami Season. Starts in November, but it’s a good idea to get your tickets now because duh, better seats. You just paid $5 million for repairs to the Arsht, so you may as well take it for a spin. I’m in for the Mahler, because you plebs will get your dirt all over the theater when they do Beethoven’s 9th (plus I saw it when Franz Welser-Most conducted, so eat it). If you value your money you’ll get the whole season and thank me later.
- Big Night in Little Haiti. You never go to this and you totally should. Free and fun. What’s wrong with you, anyway?
- Something called the Lights Out Festival, an electronic music extravaganza or something. IDM. IDK.
- I am very much into the artisan food thing, so Proper Sausages is immensely interesting, and they’re having a tasting at Lester’s Saturday afternoon.
- Our man on the drums Tony Kapel, he of Pocket of Lollipops, has self-published his 4th novel (How many have YOU written? Also, why is this round up being so mean to you?) and he’s having a book launch at SwampSpace at 7 on Saturday.
- Tonight and tomorrow the Soul Fest at The Stage.
- For the Browardly curious, there is Country Grind Live with Holly Hunt among others, to which you should totally go because, Liz Tracy. (Also, if you are doing an event, make the page for it like that, with audio clips and text.)
- Are you like me … are you sick of the fucking food trucks? If not, they will be somewhere this weekend, so you can run right out and buy non-cheap food and eat it standing on the sidewalk to your heart’s content.
- I am not joking: there is a Bird Road Art Cistrict, and they are having an art walk.
- The Wolfsonian does free tours of it’s collection (did YOU know that?) and there is one tonight.
- $10 or more to Misael’s towel Kickstarter gets you into his Sunday Brunch fundraiser, which I believe involves mango pancakes.
Tags: todocomments powered by Disqus