Friday May 9, 2008

Do-it-yerself weekend

bear

Sorry, rough night last night. If you know of something good, hit the comments. I’ll try to put together an itinerary for the gallery walk by noon tomorrow. Meanwhile:

1. Mikhail    Fri May 9, 10:49 AM #

Just have to say, love the picture of the bear!

Too funny!

2. l'elk!    Fri May 9, 11:23 AM #

i have a four piece drawing series up at the dorsch gallery for gallery walk. a long list of other talented artists are also showing. come on by!

3. cb    Fri May 9, 11:35 AM #

DRINK
    Out of the Blue
    What: Our favorite indie coffee shop gets a liquor license and celebrates by launching happy hour with two-for-one wine specials.
    Why: You’ve got the blues.
    When: Fri., 5-8 p.m.
    Where: 2426 NE 2nd Ave. (305-573-3800).”

http://www.miami.com has event listings.

4. fir realz    Fri May 9, 12:49 PM #

lazy slob!

5. HLB    Fri May 9, 01:34 PM #

Hard Liquor Band peforming at John Martin’s in the Gables tonight. 8:30pm – 12:30am

Always a good time!

6. Michael    Fri May 9, 02:06 PM #

How much do you vharge for a 2 word link from your homepage, please email me asap mikeleahing@yahoo.com, thanks.

7. swampthing    Fri May 9, 02:19 PM #

“had a rough night” like a full-body-fire-alarm good night or just plain rough-ruff night? Some days are better than some nights.

8. cousin chris    Fri May 9, 02:26 PM #

it’s graduation weekend at UM. any big time partiers might find a house party or 2 … or 10 …. at/around UM. rock.

9. the talking pod    Fri May 9, 02:55 PM #

We launched our Guide at Talknightlife this week.

It’s beta, but we’ll accept just about anything that goes on after dark (and drags on after sunrise!) for listings. Clubs, concerts, art things, whatever floats your boat.

10. Scott    Sun May 11, 09:40 PM #

I know it’s not on the weekend, but I see in the Meetup calendar that, for people trying to overcome social anxiety and shyness, there’s a meeting on Tuesday. I’ll go with someone, but no way I’m going into that place of strangers alone. Alesh, you up for it? We can have a beer afterward.

11. Patrice Yursik    Wed May 14, 10:04 AM #

Thanks for the shout-out, Alesh! I really do work hard on this calendar thing, and I respect your blog a lot. Great to know you think we’re doing a decent job.

12. alesh    Wed May 14, 12:32 PM #

Hi Patrice!

Yeah, I like the way the calendar widget on the NT home page works, and I like the “768 more things to do today>>” links. But the biggest thing is the content, how the headline events for each day really are pertaining just to THAT day. Good stuff.

If I had one quibble, it’s that the pages for some reason are very slow-loading. I like to Ctrl-click and open a bunch of them in separate tabs, and they load MUCH slower then the average website.

Probably that’s a village voice thing, and out of your hands. Ah well…

Scott~

How about we skip the shyness meetup (I’m a little shy about stuff like that) and just do the beer?