Thursday May 8, 2008

Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens

morikami museum and japanese gardens

Most people have heard of the Morikami but haven’t been there, because it seems so far away. Actually, it’s less then an hour from Miami, and totally worth the trip. Hours are from 10 am to 5 pm, and I’d recommend getting there on the early side, as the highly rated restaurant inside the museum closes at 3 pm. Click the photo above to see a slideshow of what it’s like.

1. da lizza    Thu May 8, 04:01 PM #

the morikami is just beautiful. your images def did it justice. i keep planning on going back for their sunday tea thingy, but never do. your post might have inspired me.

2. Blind Mind    Fri May 9, 10:31 AM #

Morikami is one of my favorte places in Miami. You should head there in August for the big festival that they do (I forget the name). Good stuff.

3. L2M    Fri May 9, 04:15 PM #

One of my favorite places also. The festival in August is the Bon Festival. I’ve never been but it looks cool. The restaurant is alright, don’t know why it’s highly rated.

4. Albert    Sat May 10, 02:16 AM #

I’m about to feel like such a little kid. I’m going there on a field trip. To make myself feel just a little bit older, I’ll remind myself that it’s my AP history class.

5. Chris    Thu May 15, 04:44 PM #

Just found out that if you have a Bank of American credit card or ATM card, you can get into a bunch of museums for FREE! Including the Morikami Gardens! I guess that’s my next stop… (just came back from Japan last week, so I’ll compare…)

6. warlaur    Sun May 25, 12:00 AM #

*highly [over] rated restaurant. Most limited American-washed “Japanese” menu ever, and the server literally squinted and shook her head “no” when I asked about a certain dessert. It was as if she was telling me it was bad, and I’d be disappointed. Then she suggested some packaged ice cream thing.

Morikami was nice, yes, but I’m more of a Fairchild kinda girl. :)

7. neal    Fri May 30, 11:25 AM #

You can watch some video shot in the gardens from the location segments of uVu tv at this link: