Friday April 25, 2008

Viennese weekend

vienna

1. Mikhail    Fri Apr 25, 09:12 AM #

Also tonight, The Hard Liquor Band (named best local cover band 2007 by the Miami Herald) is playing at John Martin’s in Coral Gables. 253 Miracle Mile. They start around 8:30PM and play through Midnight. http://www.hardliquorband.com

2. Bill Clinton    Fri Apr 25, 09:23 AM #

Psychosis at The Naked Stage, a “porthole into the mind of a mentally ill woman.”

Who would actually pay money to see this?

3. cb    Fri Apr 25, 09:30 AM #

On Saturday April 26th, from 6-9, Luminaire X is going GREEN. We have pulled together the MAM Partners and Arquitectonica, smart car, and ‘The Green Broker’ to bring you ‘X-GREEN’. Come and hear about how the future MIAMI ART MUSEUM is making green efforts a reality, sit inside a smart car and poke around to see how they are ahead of the curve, talk to Carl Hildebrand, The Green Broker, about how you can live a more green life, meet Courtney Reum, owner and founder of VeeV, and much more!

During the event only, enter your name to win Bang & Olufsen headphones, a Lavazza Espresso Machine, a gift certificate from Books & Books, and more… Presentations begin at 7pm.

RSVP required monique.brendel@luminaire.com, 305.437.7975

4. Nicole    Fri Apr 25, 09:42 AM #

Oh and don’t forget the BFA show at The Frost Art Museum!

Opening reception tonight at 7 with musical guests Raffa and Rainer.

The show runs through may 3rd.

5. alesh    Fri Apr 25, 11:13 AM #

Nicole~

Carmen Carvajal / Domingo Castillo
    Orlando Estrada / Rosemarie Romero
    Arlen Ruiz / Kacey Westall
    Valeria Yamamoto

Are the first three pairs collaborations? The page is a little fuzzy (and uses the graphic from the MFA show!).

cb~

Bleh, I have to RSVP? As in, they won’t let me in otherwise?

6. Lolo    Fri Apr 25, 12:06 PM #

Other fun stuff tonight:

-the Hobo Film Festival starts it US tour tonight at Sweat, 8pm (myspace.com/hobofilmfest)

-Jamie Lidell CD release party + This Heart Electric live at The Vagabond, 10pm-ish…

Happy weekend peoples!

7. cb    Fri Apr 25, 06:43 PM #

“Bleh, I have to RSVP? As in, they won’t let me in otherwise?”

Yeah, I found that odd. I just emailed, hopefully I find time to hit before ANR at UEG.

8. cb    Fri Apr 25, 06:45 PM #

That Hobo Film Festival looks cool! Brought back a flash of Into The Wild for me. Sadly I’ll still be at work :(

9. Nicole    Fri Apr 25, 08:10 PM #

Some collaborations but mostly solo work.
    No R.S.V.P.s
    Totally free
    no BS

Its runs till May 3rd

Wednesday there is a walk-through with the artists…and free food at 7:00 P.M.

10. miaedu    Sat Apr 26, 12:54 AM #