Saturday February 16, 2008
- Trailer for King of My Village.
- Steven Wright. He released an album in 1986 called “I Have a Pony.” Now, 22 years later, comes his second album: “I Still Have a Pony.”
- 231% of your daily cholesterol: the Hungry Man All Day Breakfast.
- Barack Obama speaks at Google: “We will put government data online in universally accessible formats.” And LOTS of good stuff, mostly in the Q&A after his 15-minute opening remarks. Not at all related, and in fact pretty retarded, barackobamaisyournewbicycle.com.
- Things of which smart people changed their minds.
- Have I linked him before?: Bruce fucking Schneier.
- Let’s take this shit to the next level: Bicycle touring 101.
- Top 10 Rock Songs Black People Love: “#4 Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard. Fill a room with black folks, start this video on the TV, and by the end of the second bar of that guitar intro every black person has turned around watching the screen. If whites are in the room, we will smirk, nod, then resume talking and drinking with you. If no whites are in the room, one wannabe-hardcore-looking black guy will move in to switch the TV off, saying, “What y’all watching this crazy— white s–t for?” Other black folk in the room will move in and block him from the TV. “Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down. No.” Pause. “I like this.” Guaranteed. Black folk, admit you have been in a room where this happened.”
- Hey look, my man Michael Pollan did a TED talk.
- Observation: “dir /b > playlist.m3u” generates a perfectly reasonable playlist file, except that it somewhat peculiarly includes “playlist.m3u” in the file, which crashes Winamp. As bummers go, having to open a file in notepad and delete one line is not so bad.
Tags: saturdazecomments powered by Disqus