Monday December 3, 2007

Carnival Cruiselines is claiming that John Heald’s Blog “has consistently ranked in the top 25” of blogs, which I find pretty amusing, considering that Technorati ranks it #121,630.

1. anon    Tue Dec 4, 10:16 AM #

Out of curiosity, what is Critical Miami’s rank?

2. alesh    Tue Dec 4, 12:09 PM #

A less then fear-inspiring 54,828.

Of course Technorati score is not technically related to site traffic. There is usually a rough correlation, though.

3. Gus Moore    Tue Dec 4, 12:34 PM #

Alesh, since you brought up site traffic, would you like to share with us on average how many unique visitors Critical Miami has every month?

4. anon    Wed Dec 5, 02:36 PM #

54,828 is pretty respectable

5. alesh    Wed Dec 5, 04:19 PM #

Thanks.

Gus~ When I upgraded to textpattern 4.0.5 a few months ago I overwrote my .htaccess file, and haven’t been able to see my site stats since! I need to get on that, and as soon as I have I’ll supply the information. The last number I vaguely recall (but don’t quote me on this) for “unique IP’s” in one month was around 45,000. The problem with that number is that there’s no way to know how many of those folks stumbled in from Google image search and never even realized where they were, much less considered coming back.

6. alesh    Sun Dec 16, 09:53 AM #

Gus~

Finally got a number for you: ‘Distinct Hosts Served’ for November was 77,963. This compares with 29,069 for January of this year (the earliest month I have numbers for), but is down from the 96,441 I got in September, which was apparently some sort of spike. It sure isn’t anything I can makes sense of.

7. Gus    Sun Dec 16, 01:20 PM #

Alesh, you said…

“The problem with that number is that there’s no way to know how many of those folks stumbled in from Google image search and never even realized where they were, much less considered coming back.”

Have you thought about installing Google Analytics It’s very easy to use. You just add a little piece of code to your templates, and can see where everyone is coming from and what they’re looking at on your site.