Wednesday November 7, 2007

Incident at Whole Foods and followup. A woman is arrested in the parking lot (apparently somewhat roughly) after a food fight(!) inside the store. Our own Genius of Despair reports, and is told off by a WF manager for taking pictures in front of the store.

1. geniusofdespair    Wed Nov 7, 07:57 PM #

Thanks Critical Miami – I didn’t know I was “Your Own”. Sweet!
    Yes it was harrowing to watch the police take-down…fall-down is more like it. Everyone around me in the parking lot thought the force was excessive…but who cares what we think. Right? As long as we have our organic produce, life is good.

2. alesh    Wed Nov 7, 08:55 PM #

GoD~ (and btw let me commend you on the acronym) perhaps i’m being a bit presumptuous there. point is, EoM has so much work going into it that I’d me remiss not to link once in awhile. And this bit of first-person reporting, so well handled, was a perfect opportunity. Let’s have more of that! (not that i don’t enjoy a bit of the ‘ol omgthehousingmarketsimplodingrunforyourlives! once in awhile)

3. Biscayne Bystander    Wed Nov 7, 10:08 PM #

This post is so indicative of the power of the internet, that I felt it should be posted twice:

C.L. Jahn said…

[This] is the store manager.

Send him a line, let him know what you think: evan.schmiedehaus@wholefoods.com

And his bosses:
    scott.allshouse@wholefoods.com President, South Region
    paula.labian@wholefoods.com Vice President, Team Member Services
    john.mackey@wholefoods.com Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer

October 29, 2007

4. oh boy    Fri Nov 9, 11:45 PM #

Why bother emailing? These people dont care about black people, they are only after the rich white dollar. Besides have you seen their prices, no self respecting black person would spend that much money on this crap.

5. geniusofdespair    Fri Nov 9, 11:59 PM #

Hey that housing market stuff gets us our really big numbers….most of them go national…Patrick or Counter Punch…

Otherwise our blog is subject to the whims of the fickle locals. They are most inerested in gossipy stuff…like my column on The Prince of Darkness. My good, really researched, thoughful columns: Well let’s just say at least I like them.

thanks again and the GoD was totally unintentional but a happy surprise when a reader pointed it out to me.

P.S. I care very much about the black lady, but I am more afraid of the police —- I don’t want them to know where I live.

6. abc    Tue Dec 18, 05:57 PM #

Kanye West told me President Bush doesn’t like black people.