Wednesday October 31, 2007

Two more roosters found!

william burroughswilliam burroughs

Muchas gracias to Suzy of MB411 for sending these photos over. She says: “I found you some more cocks! These aren’t Cuban though…I found each of them outside of Nicaraguan establishments! The first one is on Flagler and NW 16th Ave and the second is on SW 2nd ST and 8th Ave.”

Perfect. I’d say that we now have enough material to get a tag up: cocks. And while careful examination of the shapes suggests that not all the photos are originate from the Miami-Dade Empowerment Trust program, clearly there is a family resemblance. So . . . does anyone have any more cock pictures?

Tags: , ,

1. Duran    Thu Nov 1, 03:06 AM #

When you pose the question in that manner Alesh, you might get some pictures that aren’t exactly what you are looking for.

2. alesh    Thu Nov 1, 04:37 AM #

Duran~
    you’re right. just to clarify, we’re only interested in plastic and fiberglass cocks, not any real living cocks. So, nothing like this, please.

3. Scott    Thu Nov 1, 09:58 AM #

Having seen these two now along with the other posts, it would be kinda cool to find a map somewhere of ALL the public art in Miami. That would be be handy. Somebody should do that. Or did they?

4. Chris    Thu Nov 1, 11:01 AM #

There is a cock on 8th St and 16th Ave (by El Pub) but I don’t know if I would consider it art. It’s the Leon Medical Center cock. Literally a cock in a lab coat. Then again maybe they are trying to say something.

I’ll take a photo when I go next Sunday for my usual Cuban breakfast.

5. b.a.c.    Thu Nov 1, 12:09 PM #

hahaha Alesh that pic is timeless! A traveling cock!

6. Suzy    Thu Nov 1, 03:16 PM #

I suppose someone could call the city and find out the locations of the ones purchased…I read a few days back in the Herald that some of the cocks had been vandalized or destroyed by area kids because ‘word on the street’ was that MPD was hiding cameras inside the cocks. So some might be missing.

Maybe someone should call the city and ask which cocks have been tampered with…