Friday July 6, 2007

Art of the Climate Crisis Weekend

art of the climate crisis

1. Eddie Suarez    Fri Jul 6, 09:45 AM #

Alesh,

Eddie Suarez here. I’m the organizer of the Intermediate Mountain Biking at Oleta Park event. I called Julie Rodger, she’s the one in charge of our bike group, and we are both super excited to have made your list! Can I ask how you heard of us?

Thank you!
    Eddie

2. alesh    Fri Jul 6, 10:26 AM #

Thanks Eddie!

I’m trying to steer CM in a more bike-friendly direction. I’d think that riding mountain bike trails in a big group would be more dangerous then solo, but Christian likes it so I guess it makes sense in some way.

Anyway, sometimes I troll the Miami Meetup list, and there it was. Cheers!

3. Eddie Suarez    Fri Jul 6, 10:45 AM #

Thanks so much for listing our event. Glad you’re moving towards a more bike friendly environment. We need more people like you. I came across your blog a couple of months back and now visit your page about 3 times a day. I love it! My boss gives me grief about it but I can’t seem to keep away.

95% of our Bike Meetup group members are casual bike riders. They enjoy getting together to ride at a park, a bike route, etc. at an easy leisurely pace. Every so often I host an “intermediate” ride for the other 5% who want to do something a little more aggressive.

I posted the news on the Group’s message board,

“We made the Bigs!!

Critical Miami lists things to do this weekend:

Check out the 2nd to last bullet. Yes ladies and gentlemen, that’s us!!!

Not sure how the site owner found out so I asked. I will keep y’all posted.

Wooo!”

4. Ashley    Fri Jul 6, 12:57 PM #

Dharma Bomb plays Titanic on Saturday night 10pm – no cover
    dharmabomb.com

5. alesh    Fri Jul 6, 01:38 PM #

re Dharma Bomb plays Titanic: sorry to be a hater but this = MoR rock in one of the worst venues for live music I’ve seen in my life.

Eddie~ Get down with your bad selves. Maybe I’ll see you Sunday (more likely if it’s overcast).

6. Todd    Sat Jul 7, 11:51 PM #

Wow, looks like Miami is a really get humb for art. Looks exciting.

7. Denise    Tue Jul 10, 05:06 PM #

Alesh, I’m just getting out from under my pre- and post-Art Against the Climate Crisis piles of work and saw this just now…thanks for listing us, too!