Saturday April 28, 2007

Blasé Saturday

fd3fw

Tags:

1. lilkunta    Sat Apr 28, 04:34 PM #

I am in disbelief about this. Pearson himself is a judge? He really thinks his $65 mill suit is justfied? IMHO it is frivolous.

How the H*l r the Chungs supposed 2 answer a worldwide drycl ?...that request is sooo stupid.

I would award for Pearson 2 get the orig 3rd settlement offer of $12k that the Chungs offered 2 yrs ago.

Then I’d award 4/2 the Chungs 2 have Pearson pay their lawyer costs. Pearson the judge is an *ss for extending the suit 4 2 yrs.

Even tho the Chhungs have 3 stores, I dont think they have $65mill (...unless they do, is dry cl that lucrative?) 2 pay him. They’d go bankrupt!

Dont admin judges make $? Come on now!

2. mkh    Sat Apr 28, 11:51 PM #

I’ve been a fan of Ferry Halim’s games for a few years now. I keep removing the bookmark from Firefox so that I can get to work on time.

3. Manola Blablablanik    Sun Apr 29, 12:59 AM #

OMG that Vampire piece is great. Talk about how many angels fit through the head of a pin! Can we complicate this by discussing el Chupacabra? How come goats don’t become chupacabras as well?

BTW, I enjoy these more international excursions on CM.

4. John    Mon Apr 30, 08:55 AM #

I hate to be a pain, because I enjoy reading your work, but can we please just learn the difference between “then” and “than,” please? It should be the responsibility of every writer, to at least make sure his published work is correctly spelled. I don’t expect everybody to master the use of semi-colons or anything; but, it’s things like that, among all the other misspelled signage in and around Miami that makes my job—teaching under-performing high school students readin—harder.

5. j-j    Mon Apr 30, 09:46 AM #

teaching readin heh? good luck with that.

6. Manola Blablablanik    Mon Apr 30, 10:04 AM #

John, why are using a semi-colon AND a conjunction?

7. John    Mon Apr 30, 01:28 PM #

I put it there to help illustrate my point. Read the sentence containing the semi, and ask yourself that question again. Look, I’m not trying to be a snob, I just want people who are trying to represent our city/community (and doing a great job of it, might I add) to do it to the best of their ability. I’m just lending some constructive criticism.

Also, the use of a semi-colon, much like the use of and or but at the beginning of sentences are not steadfast grammatical rules, but rather conventions constantly in flux as part of the ever evolving nature of our language.

Again, I’m just some constructive criticism for a site all about criticizing. Hence the name, “Critical Miami.”

8. alesh    Mon Apr 30, 03:50 PM #

John~ Thanks, I appreciate it. This isn’t the first time my then/than problem has been pointed out to me, and hopefully it’ll sink in this time.

9. wolfshermannet    Tue May 1, 04:25 AM #

*then is most commonly used as an adverb – used to change course or direction…

*also(comma) it (then) is used as a noun – a non-specific time or place for instance…

*but (idiom) then there was a guy who painted and blogged…

*than is related to “this or that” as a conjunction or to compare…

10. Manola Blablablanik    Tue May 1, 10:19 AM #

A semi colon is a trucker’s intestine.

11. 1stSource    Tue May 1, 10:44 AM #

further on all the best to criticalmiami.com-
    Creators, Network & Community