Friday February 2, 2007

Trafficnightmare weekend

SBXLI

Superbowl. Yawn. Speaking of things that irritate me, I’ve decided that any titles I get in all-caps will be reduced to all lower case. Without anyfurther ado:

Tags:

1. Manola Blablablanik    Fri Feb 2, 02:24 PM #

Bummer … the Wolfsonian is a book club discussion. Les Standiford will not be there. The discussion of the book will be lead by railway historian Seth Bramson. Club members have had 4 weeks to read the book. I don’t think it will be as interesting to attend if you haven’t read the book.

2. Christopher Jahn    Fri Feb 2, 09:37 PM #

I’ve seen the Momentum Dance piece on dance criticism – it’s very informative, and very entertaining. You come away with a greater understanding of what dance is supposed to be. Go – you will not regret it, and it may open up the world of dance to you.

3. alesh    Sat Feb 3, 11:37 AM #

Manola~ Oh, you’re right. :(

Christopher~ It sounds super-interesting. As someone who’s gotten very interested in modern dance over the last few years (through my job) I wish more people did stuff like this.

4. Manola Blablablanik    Sat Feb 3, 01:40 PM #

Alesh

The next book discussion meets on March 9. They will be reading Seeds of Change: Six Plants that Transformed Mankind

Momentum Dance has been around forevah … the director Delma Iles is one of Miami’s old school modern dance pioneers. These kind of outreach programs help them get funding. It’s soooooooo tough out there for small dance companies. Performances are sporadic and not heavily marketed because of lack of funds. That’s why they’re not doing more of it.

5. cohen    Sat Feb 3, 05:15 PM #

MIA has become quite the one stop fun city,,, comedy fest. art basel,, boat show ,,superbowel ,,,
    Winter music con. ... jeez

6. alesh    Sat Feb 3, 06:16 PM #

damn skippy, mr cohen.

manola~ if hell was freezing over and it was time for me to join a book club, i’d go for the Sweat version. But that libro does sound much interesante.

w/r/t momentum and non-profit headaches, you’re 100% correct of course.

7. IPO    Mon Feb 5, 04:21 AM #

She said it was/is a cup and a “T“shirt.

8. Lolo    Tue Feb 6, 02:08 PM #

Had you never been to Sweat? Hehehe, it happens… Well thanks for finally making it over and let us know if you need anything. We rock the special orders.