Thursday February 1, 2007

Miami Beach residents are hereby cautioned to avoid the MacArthur Friday and Saturday nights, and in general to do as little driving as possible, and to ready themselves for grief.

1. NicFitKid    Thu Feb 1, 07:55 PM #

Look like fun, can’t wait. Friday night after work will be a gas.

2. alesh    Thu Feb 1, 08:43 PM #

Julia Tuttle is your friend.

3. Alex    Thu Feb 1, 09:02 PM #

I’m seriously considering not going to work tomorrow.

4. alesh    Thu Feb 1, 10:16 PM #

Alex~ I have the same internal debate every single morning when I wake up ;~)

5. NicFitKid    Thu Feb 1, 10:20 PM #

Oh, I’ll probably take the Tuttle, or maybe even pay the toll and take the Venetian if my workday exceeds twelve hours and I’m tired enough. Parking will still be a bitch, though. Finding a spot in Zone 2 on busy weekend like this always adds a fun 20-30 minutes to the end of the day.

Whatever, I’m just grumpy.

6. Manola Blablablanik    Thu Feb 1, 10:47 PM #

I have a feeling Tuttle will suck ass too.

Was anyone around when they were chasing Andrew Cunanan and he hid out in a houseboat on Indian Creek. (He was the guy who killed Versace.) That was a historic traffic day from hell on Miami Beach. Streets were blocked off, causing major hours-long gridlock all over the beach.

7. iHateFootball    Fri Feb 2, 10:33 AM #

TO help plan your traffic woes during the Super Bore:

Super Bowl Street Closings guide

8. mapache    Fri Feb 2, 11:43 AM #

I know someone that lives on the beach. Zone 2 to be exact and it is absurd that one “normal” night after dinner we wanted to watch a DVD, but instead I had to drop her off and go home after literally an hour of looking for parking on Zone 2. I cannot imagine the parking problem that this weekend will entail. Good luck to all of you SoBe residents. My advice would be find a parking spot tonight and don’t move your car. Parking in Miami Beach is becoming so horrible and tedious that it is comparable to parking in New York City

9. Manola Blablablanik    Fri Feb 2, 11:51 AM #

I went to meet a friend at The Abbey and after driving around for 40 minutes, I called him on his cell and told him to get his cider to go. We went to Free Spirits instead.