Monday October 23, 2006

Biscayne construction

Construction along Biscayne Blvd., taken with my dangerous new camera. Location.

1. Jonathan    Mon Oct 23, 11:33 AM #

Looks dangerous. Don’t walk into something while you are looking through the lens.

2. Miami Transit Man    Mon Oct 23, 04:05 PM #

What did ya get?

3. Jonathan    Mon Oct 23, 04:21 PM #

Have you seen the EXIF data? Scandalous!

4. enh    Mon Oct 23, 05:21 PM #

there is no EXIF! but Flickr says it is a D80 nice but I prefer the Canon 5D but I have heard great thinks about the D80. you givin’ up film?

5. mkh    Mon Oct 23, 06:08 PM #

Walk nothing, these days Alesh only shoots while he’s driving!

6. alesh    Mon Oct 23, 07:54 PM #

One Mamiya RB67 is going on e-bay soon. It’s one of the most beautiful pieces of equipment I’ve ever owned, but I’m just not going to be getting enough use out of it. I’m keeping the 4×5” rail’n‘bellows view camera for high-definition work.

The D80 is the most expensive body I considered. I almost went with the new Rebel and this, but ended up with a 12-24mm Tokina. I have to say I’m thrilled — I finally have a camera that sees the world the same way I do.

Shooting dSLR while driving is actually safer then with my pocket digital, mkh. Since there’s no monitor to look at, I just put it on ‘continuous’ and fire off 10 or 20 shots; one is bound to be decent. See this one which is the first of about 10, and my eyes mostly stayed on the road. With the LCD, I always got distracted trying to frame, and when I looked back up I was running some poor lady off the road.

7. Jonathan    Tue Oct 24, 08:11 AM #

It is a very nice camera. I am a bit concerned about the driving/photographing thing, however. It is MUCH more distracting to the driver than is mere cellphone use. Or so I have heard. But if anyone can do it successfully it is Alesh.