Tuesday August 8, 2006

the olmos stare

I’ve quoted it before, but it bears repeating: “The filmmakers sent an offer to Edward James Olmos to reprise his role as the never-not-brooding, pineapple-faced Lieutenant Martin Castillo. He declined and reportedly had his agent send a VHS [of] a 20-minute loop in which Olmos silently stared into the camera in absolute disgust.”

Tags:

1. gansibele    Tue Aug 8, 08:20 AM #

Those 20 minutes are the longest Olmos has been on camera in years.

2. alesh    Tue Aug 8, 10:40 AM #

hey, that’s not nice! dude is cool.

3. dig    Tue Aug 8, 11:37 AM #

Olmos is the man in BattleStar Galactica.

4. gansibele    Tue Aug 8, 11:46 AM #

I know, I couldn’t resist. And I didn’t know about Battlestar Galactica. I’m a big Michael Mann fan (Heat. Collateral, The insider) and I didn’t love Miami Vice, but thought it was well made. If I were Olmos, I’d kill to work with Mann.

5. KH    Tue Aug 8, 01:32 PM #

Battlestar Galactica is awesome. Olmos is super-excellent therein. He even gets to show his tender side.

6. Tim Ward / New York    Tue Aug 8, 05:12 PM #

good linkage. olmos is the man. how can anyone deny that?

7. sneaky    Wed Aug 9, 10:19 AM #

I don’t understand. Did that really happen? What’s so great about this guy? I’m missing something.

8. First Thing    Wed Aug 9, 03:19 PM #

This person needs to learn the basic rules of punctuation. Skimming the article provided in the link, I feel dizzy first and confused secondly.

9. Olmos the Great    Thu Aug 10, 06:16 PM #

Hilarious. Olmos is a personal hero of mine and fellow Battlestar fans. If you want a nice, juicy piece of info, Olmos will be doing one of the voices in the new Vice City release on the PSP. He’ll be a villain. Look who’s starring as the lead (yes, another Miami Vice (the show, not the crappy movie) member).

10. Chris Feehan    Fri Aug 11, 02:53 PM #

From all at BSG media: once again, what a great post about Mr. Olmos!