Wednesday May 24, 2006

Keep an eye on Target

$6

A friend told me that she’d had problems on two recent occasions where Target posted sale prices that didn’t ring on the register, and when she told the manager about it, they gave her shit. So, when my garbage bags happened to be on sale, I snapped a picture of the price tag just for fun. I forgot all about it by the time I got to the register, but when I checked my receipt on the way out, sure enough: they rang up at $6.49! Whatever: there was a long line at customer service.

Congrats, Target – you got my fifty cents. But I’m pretty sour about the whole thing. I’m keeping an eye on you.

Tags:

1. oldswish    Wed May 24, 09:18 AM #

RE: your Bird flu flyer…Miami Springs is a long way from Miami Shores.

2. Tere    Wed May 24, 09:43 AM #

It’s become my habit to keep an eye on the register as things are scanned (at every store), and to call the cashier on it. I’ve had instances where a cashier has shrugged her shoulders and kept going, and I had to get all huffy on her ass. In most places, they’ll put out the weekly and check or will call the manager. In rare cases where they won’t coperate, I’ll go myself to pull the sale tag and show them.

It seems like a lot of trouble to go to just for a slight price difference, but I’m usually motivated to do it by the cashier’s indifferent, unhelpful attitude – that annoys the hell out of me, and I want to annoy them back.

3. Gabriel J. Lopez-Bernal    Wed May 24, 11:17 AM #

That’s Disappointing…

4. Posters    Wed May 24, 12:39 PM #

Stop being so cheap

5. cohen    Wed May 24, 05:24 PM #

get them critical miami,,, dont let them fuck you to

6. NicFitKid    Thu May 25, 12:19 AM #

Holy crap! I just bought some Rubbermaid Roughneck bins this weekend at the Target out in West Kendall, and the same thing happened to me. The endcap display had a sale price of $4.99, but they rang up each bin at $5.99. Of course, being the oblivious idiot that I am, I didn’t realize this until I got home, and I bought ten bins! Arghh!

Target: Keep one eye on the clerk and the other on the aisle.

7. Rebecca Carter    Thu May 25, 01:27 PM #

Just a curious question. The “prices valid from” on your photo…what were the dates? Trying to see if it was an old price that they should have taken down.

8. alesh    Thu May 25, 02:11 PM #

Nope: it says through 5/23, which is the day I was there.