Tuesday February 14, 2006
- You can’t really tell, but that’s a picture of manatees huddling around a power substation because it’s fucking cold. nbc6
- Katie Danza smokes pot? Big deal. No link, but if you must, check out the picture of the four girls with those awesome sunglasses. Dang.
- The Herald just heard about the Miami Performing Arts Center parking situation, which Michael Lewis was talking about back in September. Meanwhile, the contracts are coming in, especially the big ones, with Concert Association of Florida, Florida Grand Opera, Miami City Ballet, and New World Symphony. Expect trouble and spin if any one of the four backs out.
- Huh? We’ve been calling 311 with this kind of stuff for months…
- New Times reads Critical.
- Miamista goes off on the validity of this article, then on the whole educational system (especially read the heartbreaking #4 in his post, about the Heiken Children’s Vision Fund, an organization so broke, their web site is on angelfire), then (of course) on the whole city.
- Uh . . . something of a Valentine’s Day link.
- New toilets at 14th street on the Beach. Stay tuned for a Critical Miami inside investigation…
- Here and here is some information on the courthouse pictured here.